Station 5 is located just north of Quindaro Blvd. and west of N 9th St. The station faces south.
"The original Station 5 was built in 1899 after Kansas City, KS began annexing parts of the Quindaro Township. The city was growing, and the coverage of the city had to grow along with it. The station was built on North 8th Street and Quindaro Boulevard. This station served the area until 1955 when a station was built at 9th Street and Quindaro Boulevard. This station has been a proud symbol for the Quindaro Community since the day it was opened. When the new station was built, the city celebrated the firemen that served Quindaro and held a ceremony for the opening of the new station at 9th and Quindaro. The Quindaro Firefighters have been proudly serving the Quindaro Community for 118 consecutive years."
- Provided by Historical Society of the Kansas City Kansas Fire Department
2015 Pierce Dash CF
Serial #: 28568-01