Kansas City Kansas Fire Department – Station 18

Station 18 is located just south of Leavenworth Rd. and east of N. 55th St. The station faces north.

Station History

"Station 18 is the first of two from the Quindaro Township. Just like the Wyandotte Township, the Quindaro Fire Dept. was made up of volunteers. The Welborn Fire Dept. station was located on Welborn Ln. just East of 51st St. This fire station served the Quindaro township from 1941 to 1967 when the Kansas City, KS annexed the area and KCKFD took over the station and renumbered it to Station #18. The Kansas City Kansas Fire Dept. continued to use this station until 1978. In 1978, it opened the current Station #18 at 55th and Leavenworth Rd."
- Provided by Historical Society of the Kansas City Kansas Fire Department

 

Pumper 18

2019 Pierce Enforcer
GPM: 2,000
Gallons: 500
Serial #: 33883-2


Brush Truck 18

2004 Ford F-350/KCKFD
GPM: 200
Gallons: 250


Boat 18


Former Pumper 18

2015 Pierce Dash CF
GPM: 1,500
Gallons: 750
Serial #: 28568-03